1. Nervous Conditions - Tsitsi Dangarembga
2. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
3. Chronicles of Narnia (series) - C.S. Lewis
4. For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/ When the Rainbow is Enuf - Ntozake Shange
5. Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
6. The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
7. The Diary of Anne Frank - Anne Frank
8. Harold and the Purple Crayon - Crockett Johnson
9. Mrs. Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
10. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith
I wonder if my list will be similar in 10 years...or 20! I'd love to know others' lists as well, and ask myself this question when I'm 35, 45, 55, and on.
The other bonus of these lists: exciting new (and highly recommended) reading lists for myself!