What are you reading?

Lately, I've been picking up books left and right and reading about 50 pages in to find that they're just not what I'm looking for at that time. Don't get me wrong, many of them are well-written and intriguing. I have this idea, though, that books have a way of finding you and feeding your soul in different ways...
My quest in finding the right book reminds me the quote from Marie (Juliette Binoche) in Dan In Real Life as she tries to describe what sort of book she's looking for. She tells Dan (Steve Carrell):

Something funny might be nice. But not something necessarily big, hahaha, laugh out loud funny, and certainly not-make-fun-of-other-people funny, but certainly something human funny. And uh, if it could um, sneak up on you, surprise you, and at the same time make you think that what you thought was only right in a wrong kind of way, and when you're wrong, there's a certain rightness to your wrongness. Well, maybe, what I mean is, more importantly, I'm looking to be swept up. And, at the same time, not. Meaning I want to feel a deep connection to something. Or maybe, I don't know what I'm looking for.

This is, essentially, what I'm looking for, too. "Or maybe," as she says, "I don't know what I'm looking for." 

What are you reading? Do you have any suggestions?

Comments

Popular Posts