Learning French...There's an App for That


I'm not one for downloading a bunch of apps on my iPhone, but I stumbled across this really cool one that's helping me brush up on my French...

Photo


Duolingo is a free Apple app that allows you to learn up to nine different languages through play. 

It has a built in coach for people like me who slack off after a week or so, and tests you by having you translate, type what you hear in the language that you're working on, and pronounce phrases or sentences in said language using the microphone on your phone. 



A couple of screenshots...one day at a time!

It only takes me a few minutes during my day, and I think it's a fun way to learn something new or refresh yourself (again, like me, who has taken French since my junior year of high school and STILL can't get the hang of it). My mom is even learning Spanish! :)

You can download the app for free in the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.


**I was not compensated for this post; I just really like the app! Now go download it and pick up some Portuguese or something.

Comments

Popular Posts