Life Changes

I can't even begin to half explain everything that's going on in my life. A miniature list...

No, he's not using the potty. We're having a peaceful moment...


  • graduated from college
  • ending of old job/ no new job (yet!)
  • newly single
  • child started kindergarten
etc., etc.

I also can't even begin to explain to you how much I'm freaking out right now. I'm trying to put into practice what I learned while in school: this can be a problem, or an opportunity! Cue game show music and flashing signs, please. I'm attempting to not look like this:


With all of these changes, though, I am taking some time to actually focus on myself. Not that I can't be somewhat vain at times, but the idea of not focusing on the needs and feelings of everyone else all the time (with the exception of my son, K) is sort of foreign. Even my dreams are telling me I need to do it...clearly it's embedded. A few things I've been doing, besides the obvious (like searching for jobs):

  • Reading novels: I can't really go vacationing right now, but I can go somewhere else with the help of some great writing.
  • Exercising: I walked somewhere around 6 miles yesterday. I would not recommend this immediately if you haven't been working out like I haven't because you may feel like death. YET! I felt really energized today! Can you tell by my multiple use of exclamation marks?! Seriously, though, it was time for me to get up and get my body moving. I promise it helps!
  • Focusing on organization and schedules: With my little one officially in school (wahhhh!!!), I'm working on being the more organized, punctual parent and individual. Time to get my life together, and I figure there's no time like the present!
  • Changing my scenery: I've been moving furniture around like crazy. By myself. Like a mad woman. Don't you judge me. 
  • Focusing on all of the cool things I can do and the places I can go. Daydream, and let the good times roll!

Is anybody else's life in shambles?! *echo*

Comments

Popular Posts