Love You Pancakes <3
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (or 1/2 teaspoon baking soda if you're going to use buttermilk)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk (or buttermilk)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for serving
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Maple syrup and/or jam, for serving
- **Fresh blueberries - I added these!**
Happy Stack :)
*I have changed steps 1 and 2 here from what is written in the book. The step of separating the egg whites and yolks, beating them, and adding them separately is an option in the book, but I think it is necessary to get fluffy, delicious results. The amount of milk was perfect too. Don't skimp!*
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, granulated sugar, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, crack the eggs and separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Set egg whites aside. Add the milk to egg yolks and beat together. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Don't overmix or the pancakes will be tough - blend just enough to get the flour moist, even if the mixture stays a bit lumpy.
2. Set the batter aside. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold them into the batter. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to settle.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet or lightly oiled cast-iron skillet over moderately low heat. Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter at the center of the skillet where you will spoon the batter.
4. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into the hot skillet directly onto melted butter; your pancake should be about the size of a hockey-puck. *If adding blueberries, drop a few into the batter after you've spooned it onto the skillet. Cook as usual*
5. Cook the pancake until the bottom is golden brown and the bubbles on the surface begin to break, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the pancake quickly. Cook until golden brown, about 1 minute longer.
6. Transfer the finished pancake to a plate, cover with foil, and keep warm.
7. Serve pancakes dusted with confectioners' sugar. Pass butter, syrup, and/or jam at the table.
I almost forgot to take a picture, they were so good!
Super yummy, my little guy and I ate tons of them! I also have an obsession with blueberry pancakes that no one quite understands. So, good morning to me! :)